||Patient Service Assistant Job Duties: May include but are not limited to
• Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone: answering or referring inquiries.
• Prepares patients for the Weight Management visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the exam or consultation room.
• Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions: answering questions. Must have knowledge of supplement use for appropriate supplement recommendation.
• Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards
and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information
• Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional
standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional
publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and
different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment.
• Maintain complete understanding of diet and program packages.
• Complete the check-in and check-out process of patients.
• Complete understanding and promotion of supplement packages.
• Scheduling patient for follow up visits.
• Prepare charts for new patients and restarts.
• Understanding of the use of the IMS and Micro systems.